I have been waiting for this moment for a couple of months...
I'm not sure...but I think I've been feeling my baby move all day long! For the past week or so, I've felt the tiniest movements in my tummy at random, but couldn't be certain that's really what they were. Now they're much more consistent, and remind me a little of the feeling that you get when you begin to go down a rollercoaster.
It's pretty ironic that I'm experiencing this on the very day that Eric had to report back to Ranger School. I heard my husband's voice for the last time until three weeks from now around 5:30 this afternoon...and even though this time apart is nothing compared to a deployment, and we have been through much worse before, it always hits me hard whenever he has to go away. But it's a comforting thought that maybe the butterflies in my tummy are there all of a sudden to remind me that my husband is still with me even when we're miles apart. Especially now. :)
I can't wait to feel the other kind of butterflies, the ones that are sure to pop up next to the new ones in a few weeks when I'm sitting in the bleachers, trying to find my husband in the crowd at his graduation.
But for now, I've got little baby butterflies to keep me company.
And I'm pretty happy about that. :)
10 years ago
Ahh you can feel the baby moving!!That's so exciting!!! I can't wait to see your lil baby tummy
ReplyDeleteAwww, I miss being pregnant!!! (I can't believe i'm saying that!)
ReplyDeletexx,
Mrs. Muffins
Very exciting! I've never been pregnant, so I can't say I know what you're feeling.
ReplyDeleteI definitely share the sentiment about being with your hubby, even if you're miles apart. P (my boyfriend, who is currently deployed) sent a sentiment something like that with me in my Christmas flowers. :)
Welcome to blogging!