Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Worth the Risk!

Second post of the day! And I'm risking my life as I type this one!

There's an awful lot of racket coming from upstairs. New carpet being installed in the empty apartment above us. (Rabbit trail: Why didn't we get new carpet when we moved in?!) I've been just a little bit annoyed all day long, but now it is getting ridiculous!

And that's where the risk comes in. See, our computer desk is in the corner of our dining room. Kind of an odd place to put it, but that's where it is...and that's where I'm sitting. For the past 30 minutes or so, every once in a while, the light fixture directly above my head has rattled so hard that I'm afraid it might eventually fall off. Huck, who usually goes crazy barking at any sound that he doesn't recognize, is cowering under the desk.

I've about had it with this place! And I actually hope that the light fixture crashes to the floor, because that would give me an excuse to march right up to the office and demand that they let us out of our lease. Or at least they could let us move to the top apartment where there's no upstairs neighbors and carpet that's nice and brand new...

Well, it's about time for me to march right up to the office and pay our astronomical rent. On the way back I'm going to stop by the mailbox and see if there's a letter from Eric waiting for me. Probably too early to expect anything, but it's definitely worth a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment