Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!

Well, it is the very first day of 2010...the beginning of a new decade! Where, oh where, did 2009 go? Seems like the older I get, the faster time passes. Well, I hope 2010 goes a little slower, because there are a lot of wonderful things in store for Eric and me this year. Eric should be graduating from Ranger School on January 22nd, and we are expecting our first baby in June. And who knows what else may happen? When your husband is in the Army, there's really no telling!

I've never been that good at keeping my New Year's resolutions for long, but this time I've got a bunch of good ones that I intend to keep all year and beyond. My promises for 2010 include: building up a savings account, cooking dinner at home more often than we go out, becoming a better housekeeper, and taking a lot more pictures. I'm especially looking forward to that last one. :)

Well, anyways... Eric left today for the last phase of Ranger School. He'll check in at Fort Benning tomorrow afternoon and then go down to Florida for "swamp phase." I am heartbroken that he's gone again. It just doesn't feel right to live here by myself. But this time it's only for three weeks. I know I said that I want this year to go slow, but that doesn't apply to this month...because I can't wait to pin that Ranger tab on my husband and get him back up here with me!

1 comment:

  1. Soo cute!! So for some reason when I click on your profile from my page it won't connect me to your link :(

    ReplyDelete